Thursday, May 15, 2008

do we need you?

Do we need you?
a painter told herself
the dilemma was within but soundboard elsewhere
who? a viewer, a market, a tradition, a history
the memory of that smell of colours on the canvas
she felt that toxic impulse... a seduction by colours
assured presence... she did not need you,
you ruin her territory,
her toxic impulse,
her seduction
but why am i making it, faking it,
why getting seduced
why need colours, the canvas
had you not been there
I had a canvas, colours all over within me
why another seduction, another impulse?
I needed you to see my colours,
to market my impulse,
a tradition to whisper that my impulse is mine and not others
this was reassuring
but she felt a loss,
cheated,
kidnapped by someone else.
Then came an author, an actor and she who declared she is not an artist...

No comments:

Post a Comment